Protects the deck substructure from moisture penetration
Helps Deck Screws Hold Longer and Stronger
Simple Three Step Installation Process
Industry Leading 25‑Year Warranty
Why Trex Protect?
- Protects the top of the joist, beam, and rim joist from developing rot and wood decay
- The butyl-based tape helps deck screws hold longer and stronger than acrylic or asphalt-based tape
- Acts as a barrier between the wood and galvanized metal such as joist hangers
- Seals deck fasteners and prevents moisture penetration
- Eliminates splitting from freeze and thaw
- Provides a non-skid surface making it safer during installation
- Available in three widths for joists, double beams and rim joists
- Backed by a 25-year warranty
Simple Three-Step Installation Process
- Clean the joist surface making sure it is dry and free of debris.
- Remove the butyl tape backing while applying directly to the surface. Run your hand over the tape and firmly press it onto the joists and beams.
- After covering all horizontal and vertical surfaces, cut the tape to length with a utility knife or scissors.
How it Works:
- Apply to horizontal and vertical surfaces including all joists, rim joists, beams, steps, stair stringers, blocking, ledger board, and under joists hangers.
- Trex Protect is available in three widths:
- Use 1-5/8″ x 50′ (41.3 mm x 15.24 m) Joist Tape for joists;
- Use 3-1/8″ x 50′ (79.4 mm x 15.24 m) Beam Tape for all double beams;
- Use 11″ x 50′ (279.4 mm x 15.24 m) Rim Tape for rim joists, stairs, and all flat-blocked surfaces.