Protect your Deck from Moisture and Rot
Protects the deck substructure from moisture penetration
Helps Deck Screws Hold Longer and Stronger
Simple Three Step Installation Process
Industry Leading 20‑Year Warranty
Why Trex Protect?
- Protects the top of the joist, rim joist, and ledger board from developing rot and wood decay
- Butyl-based tape helps deck screws hold longer and stronger than acrylic or asphalt-based tape
- Acts as a barrier between wood and galvanized metal such as joist hangers
- Seals deck fasteners and prevents moisture penetration
- Eliminates splitting from freeze and thaw
- Provides a non-skid surface making it safer during installation
- Available in two widths 1-5/8” (4.12cm) for joists and 3-1/8” (7.94cm) for double beams
- Backed by a 20-year warranty
Simple Three-Step Installation Process
- Clean the joist surface making sure it is dry and free of debris.
- Remove the butyl tape backing while applying directly to the surface. Run your hand over the tape and firmly press it on to the joists.
- After covering all horizontal and vertical surfaces, cut the tape to length with a utility knife or scissors.
How it Works:
- Apply to horizontal and vertical surfaces including all joists, rim joists, beams, steps, stair stringers, blocking, ledger board, and under joists hangers.
- Available in two widths 1-5/8” (4.12cm) for joists and 3-1/8” (7.94cm) for double beams.