Protects the deck substructure from moisture penetration
Helps Deck Screws Hold Longer and Stronger
Simple Three Step Installation Process
Industry Leading 20‑Year Warranty
Why Trex Protect?
- Protects the top of the joist, rim joist, and ledger board from developing rot and wood decay
- Butyl-based tape helps deck screws hold longer and stronger than acrylic or asphalt-based tape
- Acts as a barrier between wood and galvanized metal such as joist hangers
- Seals deck fasteners and prevents moisture penetration
- Eliminates splitting from freeze and thaw
- Provides a non-skid surface making it safer during installation
- Available in two widths 1-5/8” (4.12cm) for joists and 3-1/8” (7.94cm) for double beams
- Backed by a 20-year warranty
Simple Three-Step Installation Process
- Clean the joist surface making sure it is dry and free of debris.
- Remove the butyl tape backing while applying directly to the surface. Run your hand over the tape and firmly press it on to the joists.
- After covering all horizontal and vertical surfaces, cut the tape to length with a utility knife or scissors.
How it Works:
- Apply to horizontal and vertical surfaces including all joists, rim joists, beams, steps, stair stringers, blocking, ledger board, and under joists hangers.
- Available in two widths 1-5/8” (4.12cm) for joists and 3-1/8” (7.94cm) for double beams.