Trex Protect Extends the Life of Your Deck
Today’s high-performance composite deck boards, like those of Trex, are warranted to last 25 years. But, research shows that the deck substructure can begin to spilt, rot and decay in as little as 8-10 years.
To protect an average size deck measuring 12’ x 24’ will require approximately 5 rolls of Trex Protect Joist Tape and one roll of Trex Protect Beam Tape. For less than a $100 investment, your deck substructure can last as long as the decking it supports.
To find out exactly how much Trex Protect Joist and Beam Tape your project requires, use our Materials Estimator.
Trex Protect Prevents Moisture Penetration
- Protects the top of the joist, rim joist, and ledger board from developing rot and wood decay
- Helps deck screws hold longer and stronger
- Acts as a barrier between wood and galvanized metal such as joist hangers
- Seals deck fasteners and prevents moisture penetration
- Eliminates splitting from freeze and thaw
- Provides a non-skid surface making it safer during installation
Trex Protect Guards Against Rot and Wood Decay
Trex Protect Joist Tape and Beam Tape seals deck fasteners and helps deck screws hold longer and stronger by preventing moisture penetration and defending against splitting that can result from seasonal freezing and thawing.