Happy customers give referrals and can lead to more business. You want to make sure you’re giving your customers quality and service that they will rave about to their friends and family. Using a good deck flashing tape is an easy and cost-effective way to build a quality deck that is guaranteed to last for at least 20 years.
Here are the top three reasons why deck flashing tape will make your customers happy.
- Protect their investment. Moisture is a deck’s worst enemy, as you well know. Educate your customers about the importance of protecting their deck’s substructure from moisture that causes decay. Peel-and-stick deck flashing tape, like Trex Protect, allows the wood to breathe because it is applied as a cap directly on top of joists and beams. The tape protects screw holes from moisture by acting as a barrier. Using deck flashing tape will help your customers have a deck substructure that lasts as long as the deck itself.
- Give them a lot of added value for minimum cost. When you use deck flashing tape, you’re saving your customers from potentially replacing their whole deck substructure 10 years down the road. For a very affordable add-on cost, you’re ensuring they won’t have to completely rebuild prematurely. A deck with a rotten substructure is also a major safety hazard, so by protecting it, you’re saving your customers from a potential unexpected collapse due to wood rot and decay.
- Give them an additional layer of warranty protection. Typically, the boards you use to build a deck are warranted to last for about 25 years. Trex Protect gives your customers a 20-year warranty on that product, giving them more piece of mind about the quality of their deck materials.
Why Choose Trex Protect?
You want happy customers with safe, quality decks. Now you just need to choose the right deck flashing tape.
Here’s why Trex Protect is the best on the market:
- Quality – Trex Protect is a butyl-based self-adhesive tape that won’t dry out quickly, bleed, curl up or hold water, so it acts a moisture barrier between the wood and galvanized metal. Butyl-based tape is superior to asphalt-based tape because it creates a tighter seal, has less high-temperature oozing, endures less stain and is stickier. It’s applied as a cap (versus wrapping), which allows the wood to breathe. Trex is the world’s #1 decking brand so you know you’re getting a quality product!
- Price – Deck flashing tape is an affordable way to give your customers a lot of added value and protect their investment in their deck.
- Easy to install – Trex Protect requires little trimming because it lies directly on the boards, requiring minimal cuts and having little overlap. This makes it simple and quick to install.